Rosella St Guarantee
Rosella St is working with Superhog (providers of insurance to Airbnb) to develop a comprehensive insurance backed guarantee. In the interim, items are guaranteed up to different amount based on the subsrciption tier.
Items and spaces are guaranteed up to the following amounts:
- Users on the free Spirit Subscription (i.e standard free sign up to the Rosella Street platform): $100 per item (or $1,000 for stationary boat and caravan rentals)
- Experience Hunter Subscription: $500 per item or space (or $5,000 for stationary boat and caravan rentals).
- Users on the experience Hunter Subscription (i.e $5 per month subscription - contact us if you would like to sign up): $500 per item or space (or $5,000 for stationary boat and caravan rentals).
Coverage is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Loss, theft, damage to items during rentals
- Items are guaranteed up to the price paid for them (as per proof of purchase), minus reasonable depreciation for age and wear and tear.
- Items will be replaced, repaired, or the Lender given the value of the item (whichever is the lesser)
- No excess applicable
- Lenders and Borrowers first claim on their own insurance if they have coverage (if the items are owned by a business or a professional they must have their own insurance, and first claim on their business insurance)
- Lender first makes a claim against the Borrower (supported by the Rosella Street Customer Service team if required).
What's not covered?
- Late fees
- Punctures to soft tyres
- Wear and tear - minor superficial or cosmetic damage that does not affect the functionality of theitem, e.g. small dents, scratches etc.
- Damage caused by inherent defects
- Loss of earnings for any reason (e.g you rent out an item you need for work, and this is damaged, not returned, or returned late)
- Damage caused by extreme weather events
- Damage to electronic equipment resulting from viruses or any other parasitic program intended to cause loss, alteration of data or malfunction of computer systems
- The cost of restoring computer data
ROSELLA St Guarantee Eligibility
- Claimant has not exceeded 2 insurance claims within the last 5 years
- Claimant does not have a criminal record, or been accused or convicted of fraud
- Claimant has not had insurance refused, cancelled, or declined
- To be covered you must be the person who listed the item, and had their identity verified with the platform
Lenderwill be subject to certain requirementsto make a claim, including:
- A time stamped video or photo of the item for hire within 24 hours of the rental
- If the item has mechanical movement, a video will need to be included to show it functioning (recording sound where relevant)
- Purchase receipt
- Photos or videos of any damage taken within 24 hours of return of the item
- Claims must be made within 24 hours of the end date of the rental (via email to Rosella Street)